Thursday, December 29, 2011

24 weeks 6 days

Trekked to Columbia this morning for our first appointment with Dr. Grant (Fetal Specialist Extraordinaire - I'm sure it says that on his card somewhere) in a month. We were used to visiting him every two weeks, so it was nice to get a bit more of a break. Don't get me wrong, we absolutely love him as a doc and we love getting to see our little bebe so much, but the hour drive does tend to wear on us. She is developing beautifully and has almost doubled her weight since December 1st - She's up to 1 lb. 13oz. now. 80th percentile. Please, baby jesus, don't let this be a 10lb. baby. Ever since seeing a woman deliver an almost 11-pounder on Lifetime the other night, I can't get those images out of my head. Maybe she's just carrying a little bit of holiday weight?? Regardless, she looks very good and was, as usual, putting on a nice little song and dance for us.


Got the news that we will be delivering in Columbia, as our regular (and equally fab) OB will be moving all of his deliveries there as of March 1st. We're sad and happy about this; sad because it means an hour drive and lots more preparation (including possible induction), happy because we'll be in a more resourceful center if she does need any extra attention. And she may. We're reminded every time we see Dr. Grant that this isn't a normal pregnancy. Since losing the other twin and dealing with that grief, Shawn and I have really tried to focus on our one healthy baby, but there are still risks because of what's happened. I'm at a slightly upped chance for preterm delivery, and a greater risk for birth complications. I try not to think of that, though. Here's what I think of instead:


Smiling baby with a strong jaw and chubby cheeks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment